- I want my child to achieve. Therefore, I will encourage him/her by doing the following:
- See that my child is on time and attends school every day.
- Encourage good study habits by setting a time and place for homework to be completed.
- Read with and/or alongside my child regularly, and limit TV use and technology time. (video and computer games)
- Read, sign, and return school forms in a timely manner.
- Be present, by actively participating in parent sessions, meetings and conferences.
- Update the school with current contact information or any changes at home that may affect my child’s performance at school.
- It is important that I do my best in all my work. Therefore, I will do the following:
- Attend school every day.
- I will be responsible for my own learning by completing and returning all homework and school forms on time.
- Follow the 6 General Learner Outcomes (GLOs): Self-directed Learner, Community Contributor, Complex Thinker, Quality Producer, Effective Communicator, Effective and Ethical User of Technology
- Bring my “best self” to school. Ready to learn with my learning tools!
- Seek help when I have problems and have difficulty solving them on my own.
- It is important that students learn and become responsible citizens. I will strive to do the following:
- Provide meaningful, standards based instruction and learning activities that will prepare students to be college and career ready.
- Be supportive and respond to each student’s needs.
- Encourage each student to be successful in and out of school.
- Communicate regularly with parents about the student’s progress.
- Provide a safe and positive learning environment.
- I support this form of parent involvement. Therefore, I shall strive to do the following;
- Provide an environment that allows for positive communication between teacher, parent and student.
- Provide a learning environment which is supportive, drug-free and violence-free.
- Commit to on-going school wide improvement efforts to help all students reach their fullest potential.
- Encourage and support teachers so they can provide meaningful classroom instructions and homework that reinforces learning.