General Learner Outcomes (GLOs)
GLO 1: Self-Directed Learner (The ability to be responsible for one's own learning.)
- Sets priorities and establishes achievable goals and plans for learning.
- Plans and manages time and resources to achieve goals.
- Monitors progress and evaluates learning experiences.
GLO 2: Community Contributor (Understanding the importance of human being working together.)
- Respects people's feelings, ideas, abilities and cultural diversity
- Cooperates with and helps and encourages others in group situations.
- Understands and follows rules of conduct.
- Demonstrates responsible and ethical behavior in decision making.
- Analyzes conflict and applies methods of cooperative resolution.
- Responsibly implements solutions.
GLO 3: Complex Thinker (The ability to recognize and produce quality performances and quality products.)
- Applies prior learning experiences to new situations.
- Considers multiple perspectives in analyzing and solving a variety of problems.
- Generates new and creative ideas and approaches to developing solutions.
- Evaluates the effectiveness and ethical considerations of solution and makes adjustments as needed.
GLO 4: Quality Producer (The ability to recognize and produce quality performances and quality products.)
- Recognizes and understands what quality performances and products are.
- Understands and sets criteria to meet or exceed the standards.
- Produces evidence that meets or exceeds the standards.
GLO 5: Effective Communicator (The ability to communicate effectively.)
- Listens to, interprets, and uses information effectively.
- Communicates effectively and clearly through speaking and writing, using appropriate forms, conventions, and styles to convey ideas and information for a variety of audiences and purposes.
- Reads with understanding various types of written materials and literature and uses information for a variety of purposes.
- Observes and makes sense of visual information.
GLO 6: Effective and Ethical Uses of Technology (The ability to use a variety of technologies effectively and ethically.)
- Uses a variety of technologies in producing an idea or a product.
- Uses a variety of technologies to access and manage information to generate new information.
- Uses appropriate technologies for communication, collaboration, research, creativity, and problem solving.
- Understands and respects legal and ethical issues.
- Understands the impact of technologies on individuals, family, society, and the environment.